Caleb and Ashley left home on Tuesday to go to stay with Ashley's parents. I had a great time at home by myself, but I was ready to see my men by Friday. Well, Friday I left early in the morning to meet Grandpa and Caleb at the half way point to bring Caleb back home for the Halloween party (Ashley didn't come home until Saturday). I was so excited to see my sweet boy and he was obviously excited to see me. He waved to me until I got to the car. Then he squeezed me so tight, pulled away, and held my face in his hands. He just rubbed my hair and my face and said, "Hi Mommy!" We got in the car and talked while we rode. He was so incredibly sweet, Karis was laughing and happy to see him, and we were just having one of those precious toddler moments. Fast forward a little bit to the Halloween party. There were definitely some melt down moments and I could tell he was getting tired. By the time we got home he was completely exhausted, but decided not to take a nap. He played in his room the whole time he was supposed to be sleeping. After his nap or lack thereof we had complete mayhem...whining, crying, disobedience, selfishness, and general uncompliance with anything that I said. I almost lost it when I was putting him to sleep. We were praying and he kept putting the sheet in between his teeth, sucking it, and then yanking his head from side to side. Oh, the frustration. I said our Bible verse and suddenly my sweet boy came back. He put my face in his hands and said, "I'm so sorry Mommy, I love you!" Then he gave me a "big squeeze" and a big fat kiss! Ahhhh, that will melt your heart and make you forget all the bad parts of the day...Toddler Love!!!
I wonder how many times a day we do that to God?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment