When each season rolls around, it becomes my "favorite." Winter means bundling up, scarves, hot chocolate, and just maybe some snow. Spring comes alive with new life, beautiful colors, and the first hint of warmth. Summer is just fun - vacations, hot weather, long days, cookouts, and just general fun. So fall is here now and of course, it's my favorite.
I love the changing leaves. It always reminds me of the beauty and necessity of dying to yourself, going through a season on deadness, and then becoming new in Christ. The periods of "death" that we experience, whether a trial, hardship,or an extremely busy time, teach us things that will bring new life. The Bible says that unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it will not grow into a stalk of wheat. We watch the leaves fall to the ground leaving the tree seemingly dead only to have it burst forth in new life and new growth in a few short months. I love the way God plans things. I have to learn to let go of the old things and embrace the newness of life that He has planned for me - and we know that His plans are so much better than ours!
I also love the festive nature that begins in the fall. I was thinking last night about why this happens each year. Here's my theory...every other season has it's own excitement (mentioned in my list above), but fall, with it's short days, needs a little boost. So, here we begin our festivities and I LOVE IT!! I love finding reasons to be extra thankful, planning for all of the family get togethers, making fun Thanksgiving crafts, remembering the Pilgrims and all they did to establish our country...their tenacity for living. I love trying to keep my excitement for Christmas contained until the appropriate time and then going all out. I love the DECORATIONS - fall and Christmas!! It is a time for family, fogiviness, and above all thankfullness for all of our blessings in life. So let's slow down and enjoy the festive season that we are entering. After all, fall is my favorite season:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know I'm the same way! Every season is my favorite!!:)
ReplyDeleteI agree each season is my favorite and I have had the same thoughts about God and life. Good post
ReplyDeleteok so I REALLY know what this post is all about. You're can't wait for Christmas. (BTW this is your mom posting and not your dad. I'm using his account)
ReplyDelete