Monday, November 9, 2009

Back Online

I don't even know where to start. When it comes to the Grandy's and computers the old addage, "when it rains, it pours" applies to us. I'm not sure how we have so many problems, but we do. A couple of weeks ago, I royally messed up our desktop computer (yes, I take full responsibility). The short and skinny is that now when you turn on the computer all you see is a black screen. Our resident computer guru, Beruk, says that he thinks he can fix it...I'm just not sure how when all you can see is black. Then we decided to wipe out our laptop and start all over since it was messing up so bad. Of course what we thought was an easy fix was not easy at all. All this is to say that I have been computerless for several days now and it feels great to be back online. Last Saturday night I was at home by myself and didn't have a computer. What did we ever do without computers???? I was bored! I paid bills, organized, cleaned and then watched infomercials until 1:30 in the morning (I now really want the 80's rock ballad CD and Montel William's awesome new blender...if I get them both I would only spend $400 paid in "four easy monthly installments.")

During my internet hiatus, I have had three blog posts rolling around in my head. I'm not sure which one or two I want to write about tonight, but I think I'm going to start with the "lighter" one of the three (one of the other ones requires me to be extremely transparent with my shortcomings and the other one is pretty sad...I'll go for happy tonight).

So, I have recently started clipping coupons. I really want to cut down on our "necessity" grocery bill so that I can buy some of more fun things that I want. The first couple of times I went, I saved a little, but last Saturday morning I went for triple coupons at Harris Teeter and I kicked butt!!! I bought $70 worth of groceries for $35!! Now I realize that this doesn't even compare to the woman on the news who leaves with the grocery store paying her money, but for my first time with triple coupons, I was psyched!! It was almost a rush to see the total bill and then watch the cashier start scanning coupons. The total dropped and dropped until it cut my bill in half. That's exciting. Wal Mart is definitely still cheaper in general, but when you can combine triple coupons with a Vic special, you have a good combination. Here are a couple of my best deals...
12 oz Joy - 9 cents
10 oz Dawn - 24 cents (those two combined are almost the same size as the normal container I buy so 33 cents for dish detergent...not bad)
Cambell's Cream of Mushroom soup - 38 cents
Campbell's Soup (like for a meal) - 54 cents
Progresso beef and chicken broth - 48 cents (for the big box)

I had some other good buys, but those were definitely my best! I am so excited about using coupons. It really is kind of addicting. If you hear of any good deals, let me know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment