Monday, November 16, 2009

My Husband, My Hero

I really feel like I need to take a minute to give some props to my hubby. He says that he doesn't ever read this, but if by chance he does, he'll know how much I appreciate all that he does for our family (and Sheila, I'm sure you'll like reading about your sweet son:). We all know that I really like things clean and organized, but you might not know that my hubby does too. Before we got married, his apartments always looked like the typical bachelor pad...pretty messy. His bathroom was always the worst, but once it got bad enough, he would clean it until it shined. I mean hours of scrubbing everything in sight. Well, this has carried on into our marriage and our house. He has been known to scrub all of our ceilings; take the blinds outside, take all of the slats out, and scrub them with bleach; and wax our hardwood floors.

Well, last night proved to be another cleaning frenzy. We had come back in from out of town and that always makes things a little messy, but in addition our kitchen floor was messy. When we left to go out of town, we were in the midst of a tropical storm. This meant wet feet, wet dogs, and a wet cat had tracked dirt, grass, and hair across our floor. Then he fried fish for supper so there was grease on top of that. It was bad. Well, I went in the living room to do feed our baby girl and I heard furniture being moved. It sounded suspiciously like the beginnings of a good floor mopping...and it was! He took EVERYTHING out of the kitchen (except the big furniture) and cleaned it up. He finished it up and I assumed he was done, but then I heard water hitting our front door (keep in mind that it was dark outside). It turns out that he washed the front windows and door with the mop - while he had it out. Then I walked into the kitchen and he was cleaning the stove. Not normal cleaning, but burners off, stove top lifted, brillo pads out cleaning. When he finally stopped, he was tired, but we had a clean house.

So, here's to my husband - detailed cleaner, cloth diaper changer, great dad, best friend - my hero!

3 comments:

  1. Well, by golly, this post will bring a comment from me! ;) Lesli, what a blessing you have been in our lives. Ashley has brought us so many years of joy but having the addition of you, your family, and of course our favorite children in all the world, Caleb and Karis, just overwhelms our hearts with love and gratefulness. Thanks be to God for all of you and especially for rare gems of insight into the man our son has become. But God's mighty grace he's an awesome Daddy, too.

    Love,

    Mom, Sheila, but especially fond of "Gigi"

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* That was supposed to be "by God's mighty grace!" My fingers were outpacing my thinking. ;)

    Love to all.

    ReplyDelete