Monday, February 1, 2010

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week

So, we're starting off another week after a great weekend of snow and I am obviously a great mom and would never do bad mom things like...

Not bathe my kids for over a week. In our house we ALWAYS bathe on a regular basis. Any time I see gunk or grime behind their ears I'm quick to get it off. I would never think that a hot rag swiped over their faces and their hands would serve as a bath. So I don't know how that dirt that I can't get off has gotten behind Caleb's ears or how the inside of Karis' ears are more yellow than skin colored because I definitely have bathed my kids recently. I wouldn't go 9 days since their last baths, nope, NOT ME!!

I also definitely know how to hold my 10 month old baby on the kitchen table while putting her coat on her body. I would never accidently let go while reaching over her body for something else, and she wouldn't face plant off the table onto the kitchen floor. Then I wouldn't tell Caleb that he could not speak to me until Karis stopped screaming while I sat on the floor rocking her and praying that she was okay and didn't have a concussion, knocked out baby teeth, or a huge bruise on her face. Nope, not me! (As a side note, she is okay, but it was a rough five minutes for mama and baby!).

Because I am such a health nut about what my kids eat, I definitely wouldn't take them out to eat dinner at Taco Bell when they are on the verge of melting down. Then when Caleb knocked over Karis' baby food all over the Taco Bell table, I would NEVER scrape it back into her bowl in an act of desperation to salvage what was left of our meal and pacify her rumbling tummy. Nope, not me. I'm way too good of a mom for that!

I hope you enjoyed my "not me" moments and that they somehow made your day a little brighter:)

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I actually laughed out loud about the baby food spill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. You're such a good mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that I'm such a good mom that I would never nurse my whining baby so she will be quiet long enough for me to read my sister's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awesome and I might have laughed just a little. Glad I found you in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete