Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Caleb!

It has been sooo long since I've posted and I've missed it. There are many many reasons that I haven't had a chance to write, but I'm not going it to it today. Today is about Caleb and celebrating his three years of life!

We started last night by telling him about the night before he was born. He loves to hear our stories and kept asking questions (mostly "why"). Then this morning I told him the next section of the story about going to the hospital and knowing that we were giong to hold our first baby boy soon. When Ashley got home, it was around 11:45 and we told him about him being born and how we were amazed at the miracle that God had just given us. Then tonight when we were putting him to sleep, we told him about our first night in the hospital with him when it was just Daddy, Mommy, and Caleb. We are so thankful for the three years that we've had with him and for the amazing little boy that he's become. This is what we love about him the most:

He has the sweetest little voice in the world.

He sings all the time and knows so many songs. So many times they come out of nowhere. It could be a song that we haven't sung in months and he'll still remember all the words.

He prays for his friends and family. Sometimes he's in a hurry, but usually he seems to know just who to pray for.

He loves the mud, running, playing ball, and all things boy.

He crawls in our laps to read and will sit there for so long. Going to the library is one of his favorite things to do.

He gets excited about playing with his friends. They can play together in relative peace and have the most fun games that they make up. I found he and Dayla sitting in the recliner together a few weeks ago. They were "reading" a book to each other.

He really does love Karis even though he doesn't really like for her to take his toys. I've found them playing together so sweetly recently. I love it:)

He's witty and has a great sense of humor. He always knows just how to make us laugh.

He has an amazing joy for life that makes his eyes sparkle when he's excited about something.

He always wants to do his best.

He loves playing with play doh, washing anything in the sink, and helping us do things. His new thing to say is, "I'm a great helper."

He loves to work in the garden, planting things, digging holes, watering the plants, etc.

He loves cooking, sprouting seeds, making bread, juicing vegetables, etc.

He is absolutely the sweetest kiddo in the world. We love you Caleb and are so thankful that God has given us three years with you.

(I'll post pictures of the party after this weekend)

2 comments:

  1. We love our favorite nephew! Can't wait to celebrate this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Caleb was born what a gift from God that you and Ashley helped give to his grandparents! I keep telling myself I'm probably a little doting but he's truly the sweetest grandson in the whole wide world! One of life's treasures is a child and seeing the world through his eyes again... all fresh and new with the wonder of ladybugs and frogs... kitty cats and tail wagging dogs. And sing he does plus creates lyrics. What a joy. And can hardly wait for Saturday to arrive! :)

    Happy Birthday, Caleb!

    Love,

    Gigi & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete