Tuesday, December 15, 2009

SUCCESS!!!

After a two day "sleep through the night" stint in Mamie and Poppy's pack-n-play, I was standing over her crib at 2:00 am Sunday night getting her back to sleep and thinking about setting up her pack-n-play right next to her crib. I couldn't believe that she was awake...what in the world. The only good news was that I didn't have to pick her up to get her back to sleep. I only had to scratch the back of her neck...you've never seen someone try to walk out of a room as quietly as I did once she fell asleep:) So last night, I decided to try one last idea before I actually set up the pack-n-play. At my mom and dad's I always plug in a space heater beside her bed. So, I turned on her noise maker (which is actually just an alarm clock radio tuned to static). IT WORKED! IT TOTALLY WORKED!!! Why would it make a difference in the middle of the night...I don't know, but I do know that if it makes her sleep all night long then we will have white noise in her room!

Hal-lelujah, Hal-lelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hal-le-lujah! Now we will just keep our fingers crossed tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Lullaby... humming static noise... lullaby... humming static noise... ;)

    Sweet dreams, Karis!

    ReplyDelete